The Benefits of Remodeling
Commercial building owners and property managers know that remodeling is generally less expensive than building a new facility from the ground up. Other benefits include:
- Employee comfort and pride in their workplace
- Efficiency – Commercial space design and features that save energy and promote workplace efficiency have proliferated in the past 10 years.
- Brand Enhancement – Your company’s brand is an important asset that impacts your company valuation. A contemporary, well designed workplace enhances your brand and helps clients and customers feel more at ease.
- Location – Your company stays in the same location which may be important to employees and clients.
- Less Time – With remodeling, you can have a brand new workplace in far less time than it takes to plan and construct a new building, which means less disruption for your company.
Fleming Complete has finished hundreds of commercial space remodels. We have been in every situation imaginable, giving us advanced experience that translates into time and money savings for our clients.
Here’s our view of how you, the client, can best prepare for and manage the process.
- Write down your goals for the remodel, which might include:
- Create additional space to hire more employees and/or install needed furnishings and equipment.
- Update the look and feel of your offices to raise your corporate image.
- Create more comfort and appeal for your employees and visitors.
- Reduce your energy and operating costs by X percent.
- Select the right designer, making sure the firm has specific experience in your type of commercial space.
- Select the right contractor:
- Ask your friends and colleagues for recommendations.
- Confirm that each potential contractor has specific experience in your type of commercial space.
- Verify their Arizona Registrar of Contractor License (AZ ROC) history.
- Request their Certificate of Insurance to verify coverage.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if they have a good track record.
- Communicate your needs and requirements thoroughly with both the designer and contractor. Make lists and make sure you receive confirmations from the designer and contractor that they’ve understand your objectives and preferences, no matter how large or small the detail.
- In the planning stage thoroughly review every document produced by the designer and contractor, down to the last detail. Prepare to spend a reasonable amount of time on this critical task because it will help avoid cost overruns and misunderstandings.
- During the design and planning stage set aside multiple times each week to review progress and speak with, not email, the designer and construction project manager.
As you move through the planning process you may think of a great many things that weren’t addressed in your original vision and specifications. Good communications with your team are essential to completing a project on time, on budget and with minimal disruptions.
An office or commercial building renovation benefits everyone and increases the value and attractiveness of your business. Fleming Complete can guide you through the planning stages of a renovation project no matter what stage you’re in.
If you are considering renovations or remodeling give us a call at (480) 237-0765 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We’re always happy to chat or meet with you.